Punch needle rug making
HOW TO PUNCH
– Hold the punch needle on its grip.
– Face the Needle Front (Bevel) in intended direction and keep in a vertical position.
THREADING THE NEEDLE
1. Insert the threader into the Punch Needle from the needle point and completely through it’s barrel until it comes
out of the opposite end of the punch needle.
2. Insert thread / yarn into the theader loop and pull the theader back out of the needle.
Pull the thread / yarn downward out of the theader tip end and remove the thread or yarn from the threader.
3. Insert the threader through the needle eye from the needle back of the needle tip.
4. Place the end of the thread / yarn into the theader and pull the theader back out of the needle eye.
Pull thethread / yarn downward out of the theader tip and remove the thread / yarn from the theader.
5. Threading is completed.
Punch needle should penetrate the fabric. The needle must be pushed all the way in on each stitch to
make an even look.
Lift needle out of the fabric, just enough to move to next stitch.
Keep the needle as close to the material as possible.
Lifting the needle to high shortens the loops on the front of the design and creates unwanted loops on the back.
Descriptions comes from SKC – the needle producer.