Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Digestive issues affect people around the world more commonly then you think. It is important to keep the colon clean and working efficiently, as it can help to promote regular bowel movement, decrease pain and reduce symptoms such as constipation. It can also help with the absorption of important nutrients which can provide numerous other health benefits. Fortunately, there are foods we can consume that can help to naturally cleanse and detox the colon and promote colon health. Now, lets discuss some great food choices that are healthy for our colon.
1. First, when it comes to colon health, flaxseeds are a great choice and offer numerous health benefits for overall digestive health. Flaxseeds are a great source of fibre, which can help to flush out toxins and wastes throughout the digestive tract and colon. Also, they are an amazing source of essential fatty acids, such as omega-3’s. These healthy fats can help to reduce inflammation in the colon and promote digestive and gut health. They can also help to slow down digestion and increase nutrient uptake.
2. Apples are another great food choice when it comes to naturally detoxifying the colon and promoting colon cleansing and gut health. This is often attributed to the source of fibre apples contain, and more specifically, are a tremendous source of pectin. Pectin works to remove toxins from the colon and digestive tract while also increasing the strength of the intestinal lining. Apples can also help to remove unwanted obstruction within the digestive tract and colon as well.
3. If you are looking to naturally detox the colon, then dark leafy green vegetables can be very helpful in this regard. Foods such as spinach, broccoli and kale are especially healthy for our colon and proper digestion. This is because these vegetables are a good source of prebiotics which can help to support healthy gut bacteria known as probiotics. They are also high in fibre which can promote bowel movements and packed with potent antioxidant which can reduce inflammation in the digestive tract and colon.
4. Cayenne pepper is also known as a superfood when it comes to naturally detoxifying the colon. It can help to dissolve mucus and stimulate the movement of food through the digestive tract. Cayenne pepper can also help to improve indigestion and increase nutrient uptake from the healthy foods we eat, as well as decrease toxins in the colon due to its great antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
5. Lastly, foods that are a great source of probiotics such as yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut and kimchi are great choices to naturally detox our colon. Probiotics are healthy bacteria for the colon that help it to function properly and support its overall health. Probiotics can help to remove toxins in the colon and keep the digestive tract and colon healthy, naturally detoxifying the colon and promoting regularity.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT an HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.