Here are some smart closet storage and organization tips from Steph of the IKEA Home Tour Squad! Find more from IKEA Home Tour here: http://www.hometourseries.com/
1. Have everything organized right in front of you to help you quickly find what you’re looking for.
2. Use storage that’s adjustable, like the ALGOT system, to allow your closet to grow. You can add additional rails and shelves to fit your needs.
3. Take advantage of a PAX wardrobe frame, which makes it easy to display and store shoes and purses – just adjust the height to fit the items that you’re storing!
4. Maximize your closet space by having storage all the way up the walls.
5. Keep seasonal items out of the way but still accessible by storing them on higher shelves in storage boxes. Have a step ladder within reach, like the foldable and hangable BEKVÄM stepladder, to easily grab high-up items.
6. Store and display jewelry and scarves on rails and hooks in order to see each piece that you have. Hanging a mirror nearby will help you coordinate your accessories.
What’s IKEA Home Tour? We’ll tell you! We’re sending a team of IKEA experts on the road to help America solve real home furnishing challenges, big and small, and transform their living spaces. The Home Tour Squad is hitting the road to assist those who need help with home projects – from closet organization to living room style upgrades to bedroom makeovers – and to illustrate genuine solutions that make everyday life at home better. The Home Tour Squad will help plan and shop at the local IKEA store to find the best smart solutions for home challenges. The homeowners and the Squad members will then accomplish the transformation together! Plus, the Squad will film their journey along the way.
The IKEA Home Tour Squad is a team of hand-selected IKEA experts from across the country. They specialize in everything from home design to organization to sustainability at home. Each Squad member comes from a different background and contributes their unique expertise to help homeowners on the tour. Their journey will be chronicled through before/after makeover videos, tour footage, and video shorts featuring design tips and interviews with homeowners. Squad members will also be sharing live updates from the tour via Twitter (@IKEAUSA) and Instagram (@IKEAUSA) with the hashtag #IKEAHomeTour.
For more inspirational ideas for your home, check out IKEA USA on:
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/IKEAUSA
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/IKEAUSA
Pinterest – http://www.pinterest.com/IKEAUSA
Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/IKEAUSA
Google+ – https://plus.google.com/+IKEAUSA